Tuesday, April 27, 2010

New York... New York

Well, Today is finally here.

This morning our alarm clock went off at 3am and jump started us into the day. The drive to PDX was pretty good and we made good time... we grabbed a quick bite at the airport and then it was time to go through to the gate!

I hate good-byes.... they're never fun - I was sad to be leaving Cory home for 2 weeks while I went off to Ireland. I should say that it's not all fun and vacationing - I'm going to be sorting out the house and my stuff, so the first 6 days will be pretty hard work for me. I'm hoping I everything goes smoothly and I can get things done quickly and then go visit my brother and his family in Laois - I haven't seen them in way too long.

Anyway, I have a 7 hour (+) layover here in JFK and am slightly tempted to take the subway into Manhattan and grab dinner and see the sights, but I'd much rather not do that on my own and I'm kind of tired and think I might just waste time here and grab dinner at the airport instead.

I have a a lovely 4 hour (+) drive as soon as I land in the morning and I'm not exactly looking forward to that unless I get some sleep.

Anyway, I'm going to walk around and have a look in the shops..... catch ya on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment