Thursday, April 22, 2010

All systems go (& update)

Well, it seems like the volcano has slowed down a little and the weather system is again in our favour and all that paired together means it looks like our trip is going ahead.

I'm trying to not get all my hopes up, but to a certain extent I can't help it - I'm excited to go "back home" and see all my family and some friends too. It's been entirely too long already and I've been looking forward to seeing them since the flights were confirmed.

My temporary passport should arrive today too, which is great - it looks like everything is fitting into place. I just need to get the last few bits done here before I go, get the cases packed and then I should be done! YAY


Not much else to report from this week. I've had a couple of dentist appointments, one with Dr Brian which was supposed to be about a 90 min appointment but ended up running over by 90 mins - so I was tender last night from all the prodding and poking and having 2 teeth with exposed nerves for quite a while. I saw Dr Johnson (my oral surgeon) this morning too for a follow up and he's very happy with how everything is healing and the x-ray showed that everything was as it should be. I'm so excited that things are working out now...

So, I also booked my Ortho appointments - for just a couple days after I get back from the trip. It looks like I'm going to be in braces the first week of June - YIKES. That will be different, but it's exciting too... it's another step in the right direction for us. I did find out that it will be a 30 month treatment plan though, so that looks like I'm going to be with "train tracks" until December 2012 - it sounds like a lifetime away!

Oh, and I should also say that my little nephew Paul is out of the NICU and is up in the room with my sister. He's doing really well, a little jaundice, but not too bad. He's borderline for treatment so they said they'd rather not treat him if they can get away with not, he's been through enough already. Apparently he's spoilt rotten. He loves to be held, rubbed, touched... you name it, he loves it. I am so excited to meet him. It feels weird that I have a new niece and nephew to meet when I get to London... Charlotte is already 4.5 months and I have only seen a few photos of her from when she was first born. It will be such fun to meet the two little ones.

Well, I guess that's about it for now. I am currently waiting in for FedEx to deliver my passport so I had better make good use of the time and get some things done that I need to.

Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment