Thursday, July 1, 2010

4th July weekend is almost here!

While this is not my first time to celebrate the 4th of July, nor is it the first where I've actually been here in the US to celebrate (that was last year), this year is the first time I will celebrate the 4th of July at "home" in the USofA.

It's pretty exciting, and seems a little unbelievable since I've been here for what seems like a lifetime (19 months, but who's counting?), but yes, this is the first Independence Day as a Permanent Resident of America.

It's kind of exciting - I'm not really sure if I'm supposed to feel some sense of pride or excitement or something, but I do know that we're going to have a fun weekend.

My good friend Dave is in town from NY - well, he's actually from 'back home' but he's now living in NYC. He's here in OR with his girlfriend Katie who is an Oregonian. So, we're planning to meet up with them for a weekend at the mountain (Mt Hood).
I'm excited - I've never really spent much time at Mt hood outside of the winter months. It's so pretty up there too!

So, it's bound to be a fun weekend... I'll let you guys know if it feels any different as a non-alien ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment