Saturday, July 10, 2010

Just a year

Yesterday I was looking through some files on my laptop to try and organize it a little better and move things back to where they should be.

I like things to be where they are supposed to be, for the most part.

I came across this photo. It smacked me upside the head like a lead brick!

Do any of you know just how heavy a lead brick is? I do, I have one in my closet... it's heavy. The reason it's there is because it's so heavy!

Anyway, this photo screamed at me from the screen of my laptop. Just a year... just a year... JUST A YEAR!

A year ago (well, just a little over) we were there, sitting in that luscious and extremely fragrant meadowfoam after being announced Mr & Mrs Fast and we didn't have a care in the world.

We had no idea what struggles were about to face us in the coming year (+).There's no stress or worry in our eyes.

Maybe I was naïve to have let some of the signs of Graves Disease go unnoticed, but right now as I look back I'm really glad we did. I'm so glad we didn't have any worries or stress that day. I'm glad we were able to just enjoy our special time, breathe in the moment and capture those memories that will forever be untainted.



The other scary thing that smacks me upside the head when I look at this photo is how different I look just a year later. In fact, I could see the difference just a couple months from when this photo was taken but it seems like this past 12 months has aged me about 10 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment