Thursday, June 10, 2010

Time flies...

I remember all too clearly how it felt when the lump in my throat formed and I couldn't swallow...

...a year ago today after getting the call from my doctors office to tell me that they had found something really wrong with my bloods, that my thyroid hormones were sky high and that I needed to come in as soon as possible...

I remember just thinking it was the end of the world as we know it... really, it kind of was. Life has changed so much for Cory and I over the past year.

Last night as I lay down trying to sleep, I thought about that very day when I was diagnosed with Graves Disease and how little I knew about the disease and what we would have to go through to come out on the other end. It was hard to believe that was just a year ago - it seems more like a lifetime or two ago.

I'd never been the kind of person to worry about getting travel insurance and had never had any worries with my health, but that all changed. Now my everyday thoughts are of how to get the best results out of my medication, how to get the healthiest diet for my illness but not spend 4 hours a day in the kitchen juicing and pureeing everything under the sun. Right now with the job change we are trying to work out the best way to get a good medical insurance plan that would cover all the 'essentials' that I go through quarterly but not cost the earth. It's doing my head in, and I'm almost obsessing over it - we have to make a decision before 5pm tomorrow....... GULP

Anyway, that is what's going on in my head... kind of random I'm sure, but it's what's the most prominent thing with us right now... oh, and not forgetting the enormous backlog of laundry I need to go and rugby tackle!

No comments:

Post a Comment