Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Perfect Result

This morning was the last of the games in group c of the world cup. I was feeling tense as I watched England vs Slovenia and USA vs Algeria on my laptop. In my heart of hearts I wanted England to go through, but I also really wanted the USA to go through (just not at England's expense).

It would be the most perfect, but an unlikely result!

England were leading by a goal in their game as they went into extra time, and the USA/Algeria game was still 0-0.

As the whistle blew on the England game securing them a place through to the next round there was some major activity on the other pitch.... Donovan scored for the USA, they were now a goal up in extra time.

They hung on tight until the end of extra time and also went through!!!

So now this weekend the USA will play the runner-up of group d and England will play the winner of group d!

Congrats to both teams and thank you for the perfect result (so far)!

No comments:

Post a Comment