Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The morning after

Well, unfortunately I'm not referring to a big night out or any partying.... merely the morning after being at the dentist.

Yesterday I went to see Dr Brian for some work where the cyst has formed in the mandible. Ugh. It actually went really smoothly, and as always Dr Brian and Teresa were awesome. They got me numb (YAY - big relief) and worked at the area in question. Brian did tell me that the cyst there is fairly big and definitely needs to be removed and sent for testing (ugh again)...

So they drained it and put some awesome medication in there and will wait to see what it does over the next couple weeks. I'm probably going to see the maxillofacial / oral surgeon again in a couple weeks who will decided if (more likely than not) they will bone graft at that site, and how big it will need to be.

My Orthodontist called yesterday morning too, to tell me that he is doing some background work and investigation to see if there is a reason for my body forming these cysts as a protective action against trauma and damage or if it's just 'one of those things'.... I'm guessing there's a reason, but that's just hunch!

So, before we worked on the cyst I had no pain or swelling in the site. Now it hurts like crazy - I know that's kind of weird but it really does. I don't even know how that could be the case but it is and it feels yucky!

I am very thankful for good dentists, and also very thankful for a wonderful dental assistant... mostly I am thankful for a good man to stand beside me through these trials who gives me all the support and encouragement I need to keep pushing forward towards the next hurdle/challenge etc

No comments:

Post a Comment