Sunday, June 6, 2010

Lazy weekend

Well, it seems that this weekend our grand plans of getting the house & garden ship shape and looking great went straight out the window.

I'd been fighting a bug all week, it started with a sore throat on Monday and continued all week gradually turning into a session of the general lurgies.

Yesterday I went to the Women's breakfast at our church and it was really fun. I got to visit with some really wonderful women and meet some new people. The guys did a great job on the food and it was really good to hear Jane speak about her time in Thailand.

After that I came home to find that Cory had not won the fight against the lurgies - he was feeling the way I had a few days before. I felt bad for him - I knew exactly how crummy a bug it was.

Since it was gorgeous weather and we couldn't bear to relax inside we decide to go and do a bit of garage sale hopping and a few errands we needed to, but apart from that not too much. We had a few things to sort out at the rental house and needed to help our friends do a few things before they left for Mexico.

Today we both woke up feeling completely lethargic... and to top it all off it was bucketing down! So we had a relaxing day trying to eat healthily, take lots of vitamins and drink as much fluids as possible...

It's been a really good day - not the most productive (minus some laundry, some dishes and a few meals) but it's been nice to hang out together....

Tomorrow I go to see my favourite dentist and dental assistant... Hey, I know most people don't like going to the dentist, and it's not exactly my favourite place to be, but I don't hate it and I really truly like my dentist and all his staff so it's not so bad afterall....

... I just hope they can get me numb..... (yikes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment