Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The grosbeak's have arrived

So, it seems like the Grosbeak's have found the Fast household and they like to dine here now.

Yesterday was the first day I actually saw them outside. I'd seen the odd finch here and there take some sunflower seeds, but never really any real activity.Yesterday as I was trying to keep my mind occupied while waiting for my surgery time to roll around I noticed that we had a couple of evening grosbeaks in the feeder. Then slowly the group got really big.
I ended up getting a pizza tray out there with more seed on it so they didn't have to fight over the one seed tray and last night when Cory went to get my prescriptions he picked up another seed try that we could hang out there for them.
I'd say there must be somewhere between 60 & 70 Grosbeaks here with us right now, not to count the ones that are hanging out over the road at John & Janet's place for grub!
Anyway, I got to watch them all morning while I was waiting for my appointment time to roll around, and I got some good photos of them too... I'll have to try and get some better pics the next couple of days though, since I only got a few birds in the photos compared with how many are actually here!

No comments:

Post a Comment