Monday, March 29, 2010

Another nap...

So, yesterday I had to have another IV induced nap. I needed to have surgery to remove the Titanium membrane that was placed during the last surgery when Dr Johnson did the big bone graft.

Since I would be having the IV for that surgery, I had two wisdom teeth removed also. I would need them removed for Ortho work coming up soon anyway, so may as well kill two birds with one stone (so to speak). The main reason for the Ortho is so that the Ti implants that I will have (eventually) will be placed in precisely the right spot. It has to be so perfectly exact when they are placed, so we have to move some other teeth around a little first.

Anyway (sorry, I'm rambling), the surgery went really well. Dr Johnson took out the Ti membrane and whipped out the two wisdom teeth. My face is hurting and is so stiff, but the nurse gave me something in the IV before she removed it that would stop the bruising and swelling so I shouldn't look like I did last time. Lets hope!

Dr Johnson did awesome with the IV again, he's a pro. I'm so thankful that I have good Doctors working with us through this process.

Oooh, and one thing I should mention that I'm excited for is that on Wednesday Genie (my Mother in Law) and I are going to Lake Oswego to Lady Di's British Store and Teahouse. I'm excited to get some goodies from home, and am planning to get Cory his first ever UK style Easter egg!

No comments:

Post a Comment