Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Wave!

I've decided I really need to be better about updating - but I know I'm bad, and really our life just isn't very interesting to anyone other than us most of the time...

But, at 28 weeks pregnant I have found that my belly has turned into what looks like a wave pool - it's insane. Our 'little' baby has started kicking and wriggling so forcefully that you can totally see my belly moving and lurching from across the room. It's a wonderful feeling, but it's also quite funny to watch.

Yesterday shortly after Cory left for work as I was lazily eating my breakfast while reading the news online I had my plate resting partly on my belly (pregnant bellies are great for resting plates, cups and all sorts) and partly on the edge of my computer. Baby decided to kick, HARD and it just so happened to be right at the spot where the plate was resting on my belly and sent the plate, with my half eaten bagel flying. Thankfully I still have quick reactions (something pregnancy hasn't stripped me of just yet) and was able to catch the plate before it landed on the floor!

Another thing that baby Fast does is to 'stroke' a hand/foot/other body part yet to be identified across the inside of my belly. Let me tell ya, it is the weirdest feeling EVER! I have been feeling kicks, hiccups and wriggles for weeks and weeks, but the 'stroke' as I call it just happens every now and then and it just about sends shivers up my spine... the feeling of someone stroking INSIDE your belly....

I'm going to try and get a video of baby doing what I now call 'The Wave' - baby is just getting so strong (and big) I'm amazed every single day!

No comments:

Post a Comment