Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Packed & ready...

Well, the cases are all packed, the house is clean and tidy and I have realised that there are a few things not done that will have to wait until next time...

I have packed the little Ford focus heavy, it's going to be a hard slog down to Portarlington - One bike, three large (full size) suitcases, one medium suitcase, one carry on case, one backpack, one laptop, several 'swing' bags of clothes and a box of stuff to pack when I get to Laois.

I check everything for the millionth time and then lock up, jump in the car and get on the road. There's a tug on my heart and a lump fills my throat... That little house isn't 'home' to me any longer, but it will always be a very special place and holds so many special memories for me - my childhood is wrapped up in that place.

As I drive down the road I think of Granda... I still miss him dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment