Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday again?!?!

This weekend was good but it seemed to go REALLY fast - I'm really not sure why, perhaps because we always seemed to be going somewhere or needing to get something done...

On Friday I went out to the farm with Cory,  I  had plenty of things I could work on and homework for our birthing classes I needed to do, so I could do all that while he worked and then we could have lunch together. So, first thing in the morning I dragged myself out of bed at the same time as him in the morning, pulled myself together and we got on our way.

I spent the morning getting some things done for the shower that was coming up and read a little of my Hypnobirthing book and before I knew it lunchtime was there, so I quickly fixed us something to eat before Cory came in. After lunch I rode with Cory on the 4-wheelers to go and feed some hay to the cows and calves. I probably shouldn't have been riding a 4-wheeler but I figured it was probably better to be driving my own (SLOWLY) than riding side saddle on the back of his. It was fun to see all the cow, the babies are growing up fast and there was even two little babies that were just a day or so old. Oh, and baby blue - I hadn't seen him yet and he's pretty, and Shep was getting big. Shep and his Momma both seemed to have some kind of 'memory' of me. They kept coming over to me and weren't scared like the other flighty cows, maybe they remembered me from the days when Shep's Momma was surrogate mother to little Olivia, before Ray was born? It was really cute, and I was even able to walk up to Shep's Momma (she really needs her own name) and pet her nose. She's a beautiful cow, and shep is a beautiful little steer.

Anyway, after that Cory had plenty of work he needed to get done so I kept myself busy while he did that and once work was done for the day we headed back. I had a Dr's appointment, so we quickly rushed in the house and back out again...

I couldn't believe it when the nurse weighed me, I'd gained 4 lbs in just two weeks. She looked at me and my shocked face, she could tell I didn't expect it and she said it was some kind of blip and that hopefully I'd be back on track next time. I was bummed! TOTALLY BUMMED! I couldn't believe I'd gained 4 lbs in 2 weeks, that was double the recommended weight gain per week in the third trimester. My total weight gain was still ok at just 12 lbs but still, I didn't want to be doing double at every visit - I'd have to figure out what was going on.

My Dr visited with me for a little bit, took a quick peek of the baby on the ultrasound and found that baby was transverse (sideways) and he also measured my fundal height too - it was up at 33cms. WHAT?!?!?!  I was only 29 weeks, it should only be 28-29 cms, and at all other appointments was just perfect.... I wonder if this is why I gained a little extra weight? We'll have to wait until our next ultrasound to see if baby is measuring big and if they'll change my official due date or not, but a baby measuring 3-4 weeks ahead is a scary thing, especially when you're just about 5 foot and there's nowhere for baby to go but OUT!

Dr was proud that I hadn't got a single stretch mark yet, I guess that's something to be proud of, but it's kind of overshadowed by the 4 lbs weight gain.

The really weird thing though, this morning I weighed myself when I got up and I'd dropped three lbs since Friday - so now I'm starting to wonder if I just happened to be carrying a lot of water weight at my last Dr's visit or what? It's really weird, but I'm just going to eat healthy, drink lots of water and hope for the best!

That's all a girl can do, right?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment