Friday, January 21, 2011

Oh baby!

OK - So, if you haven't noticed in the mammoth posts below I'm preggers... up the duff, knocked up, baking a bun - whatever you want to call it, I'm it!

I'm right at 16 weeks and so that means I'm in my second trimester, I should be starting to glow and enjoying being pregnant and looking beautiful... hummm, well two of those things haven't happened and I wouldn't exactly say I'm 'enjoying' being pregnant, but it is exciting.

I am suffering from pretty bad pregnancy related sickness. The first trimester was bad, like really bad. I was sick all day and all night, couldn't keep anything down and lost over 11 lbs in weight.

I did start to feel a little better towards the end of the first trimester, with a few days of just being sick first thing in the morning but even now it's still lingering on. The past three days have been bad, really bad. Yesterday was the worst day for a long time. It lasted from the moment I woke up until I was back asleep that night!

I'm hoping that any day now I will start to glow, my sickness will disappear and I can make a start getting busy doing all the things I'm wanting to get done.

I will say that being pregnant isn't all bad. Hearing our baby's heartbeat for the first time was amazing, I felt a lump form in my throat and tears well up in my eyes. My baby's heartbeat, going like a heard of horses! YAY!

The first time I saw our baby moving on the ultrasound was also quite amazing. It was probably one of the most emotional experiences of my life. Our child doing flips, kicks, jumps and thumb sucking - right there inside of me... ah-ma-zing!

So, even though I'm sick, and sometimes downright miserable I will say that being pregnant is an amazing experience, and I know even though it makes me sound crazy I would go through it again in a heartbeat!

Baby - we love you already!

No comments:

Post a Comment